West Hartford Youth Field Hockey's
· Our goal is not to promote individuals, but to promote skill development, sportsmanship, team play and love of the sport.
· Create and maintain grade level programs focused on teaching fundamental skills and introducing low-key competition with similar programs in nearby towns in Hartford County.
· Creating a challenging, engaging, learning environment where children of differing levels of skill and physical development can learn and enjoy the game of field hockey.
· Playing time to all participants.
· Providing equal attention and support to all participants.
· Engaging adults and experienced high school players to teach, coach and referee the scrimmages and games in which WHYFH players participate.
· Providing access to safe, well maintained fields with appropriate equipment and uniforms.
· To incorporate a nutritional awareness and a health centered lifestyle into our daily practice.
· To support these young athletes and teach them the skills to achieve their potential and future goals.